Friday, February 22, 2008

Happy Friday!!!!! 2/08/08


Happy Friday once again! Sorry for such a long break. Just like with my art I sometimes take a break to live a little so when I come back I will have something to say. In Dec. I got a chance to get away to visit my little big sister and her family in Arkansas which I needed more than I knew. It was a much needed time to re-connect with my sister who said something that really rang true, she said that "phone calls nd e-mails gives you a false since of connection as far as it being as good as seeing someone in person, but there is nothing like seeing a love one in person"(this is so true!) While out there I thought a lot about my life, my family and my art and how I need to get back connected to the things that are important me. The Sunday before I returned we all went to church (I don't go as much as I should) and the Pastor spoke about not getting so hung up on your past successes and focusing more about what you are doing now. It surprised me to hear that because I was thinking the same thing as far as when I try to talk myself out of doing things I know I need to do to move forward by saying to myself well I did this and I did that isn't that enough? Which in truth has nothing to do with what I need to do now. So that's what I wanted to share with you this time. Remember to take care of yourself! J

On the art front:
I will be at the reception for the Art of Living Black held at the Richmond Art Center 2540 Barrett Avenue Richmond, CA 94804 this Saturday the 9th from 3-5 pm. I thank everyone who made it to my reception on Wednesday; it was great seeing some faces I haven�t seen in a while! My show current at the �East Bay M.U.D Oakland Admin. Building, Second floor Lobby. The address is 375 11th Street between Webster & Franklin will be up until April 4th. The lobby is open to the public Monday-Friday, 8-4pm so if you in the area please stop by. J

No comments: